- AllTrails.com rates Tioga Falls Hiking Trail among “The Best Hiking in the Midwest.” Whether you are a hiker, biker, or trail runner, Tioga Falls has it all. With a “Military Heritage, Natural Beauty and Southern Hospitality,” Tioga Falls is a only a scenic 8-mile drive north of Fort Knox and roughly 20 minutes from Southern Grace Bed & Breakfast. Have a 5-Star Breakfast with the family then head out for some of the best trails in the Midwest at Tioga Falls Park. Adult and kid friendly.
- For those Hikers wanting a special challenge, Tom Wallace Recreation Area within Jefferson Memorial Forest boast some of the most toilsome and laborious trails. From 0.3-mile trails to over 6.5-mile trails and loops, this Forest has a lot to offer. Located just outside of Louisville Kentucky and minutes from Southern Grace Bed & Breakfast, “this is one hiking expenditure you will remember and want to return!”
- Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest is rated among the most scenic and natural hiking trails in the Midwest. While it ranks #6 in the state, it is no slouch with its over 40 miles of trails available with several difficulty levels. From biking to hiking to serious athletes, these trails cover all aspects of beautiful scenery, stunning landscapes of intermittent streams, and valleys with all inclinations of slopes. A brief scenic ride from Southern Grace Bed & Breakfast, Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest is also internationally renowned with many Special Tours, Programs and Events.
- Hikers that enjoy the full package: hunting, fishing, running, biking, rifle-shooting on the range, disc golf, horse backing on trails, archery range shooting, Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area is for you. Pair this Recreational Park and its agile Hiking trails with a quiet and relaxing stay at nearby Southern Grace Bed & Breakfast and you have yourself an all-inclusive retreat you won’t find anywhere else.
- Just down the road from the luxurious farm-stay Southern Grace Bed & Breakfast is the Historic Buttermilk Falls Trail. Besides the several stunning waterfalls and incredible river views offered to your photographic memory, these trails boast the most elegant forest floor consisting of several species of exquisite flowers. Historic Buttermilk Falls Trail consists of two trails that suit all hiking enthusiasts’ need for outdoors scenery and natural beauty.
Blog by: Daniel Sebastian Clemans